Sunday, July 20, 2014

Reason #2 to always expect the unexpected

Kiel and I went golfing like we have many times before...randomly on a Sunday night after dropping Jase off with my dad & Cindy.  Neither one of us played all that well, but it was a beautiful night so we were just enjoying our adult time.  Well, I was anyways.

Jase loves golf cart rides and we love to take him out on the course so my dad & Cindy usually bring him to #9 green and when we get there we let him putt and run around.  When I turned around and saw him running at me with a little box in his hand I just knew...


I didn't see it happen, but I've been told when my dad handed Jase a golf ball and Cindy handed him the ring box, he threw the golf ball over his shoulder and made a bee line straight for me.  And then promptly to Kiel for the all powerful putter... 




and then I fell apart...so much I didn't even hear Kiel & Jase ask me if I wanted to share their last name... 



I hadn't washed my hair, I didn't have any make up on...I had no clue this was coming...


It was absolutely perfect...






 Thank you to my dad & Cindy for being a part of this and capturing all of these memories.  Thank you to all of our family members who didn't murder me in the weeks leading up to this proposal...yes he tried more than once, yes I apparently made it difficult for him.  But if you think about it, that just proves I had no idea because you know if I was expecting it, I would have bent over backwards to make it happen!

But most of all thank you to the two wonderful men in my life.  This night was amazing and thoughtful and mind blowing.  I know it's been a crazy journey and I know I've been impatient.  Thank you one million times for loving me anyways... 

I hope you both know, "I love you, love you" more than I could ever express. 


-Nicole

1 comment: