Thursday, August 23, 2012

17 weeks - 1st Grade Shout Out


Where does the time go?  The little boy we once called "baby Henry" for months before he was born, started 1st grade yesterday.  He's definitely excited about school, but I think he was more excited about his sweet new kicks then anything.  Can you blame him?    

And look at these 2 beauties, growing like weeds!  1st Grade in a new school and mama went back to work after 7 years of being a SAHM - lots of changes for the Schaffer's this last week.  Can't wait to hear all about their first week!!


17 weeks
Seems like I've officially "popped" as Kiel's been saying.  I know I have a long way to go, but I just cannot get over how big my belly has gotten!  Each night after dinner, I feel stretched to the max, but each week it somehow gets bigger.  I should have been taking pictures of my belly button this whole time because my very deep innie is becoming an outie very quickly.  My mom just pointed it out a couple of days ago and when I woke up this morning I noticed it was a little tender.  I've also noticed an increase in hair on my belly & face...like I needed any help there.  Such strange changes.  I've gained 8-9 lbs depending on the day which is within the 5-10 lbs range "they" say you should have gained by now.  I officially only have 1 pair of non-maternity pants, but on the bright side, maternity jeans sure have come a long way even since my sister had the twins just 3 years ago.  I don't remember the last time I slept through the entire night without getting up to pee at least once and I have NEVER needed to do that.  I've officially made it this whole week without needing a snack between lunch and when I get off work...I know that sounds like a silly thing to mention, but for a few weeks there I felt like I would die if I didn't get an afternoon snack.  I'm VERY hopeful this keeps up since snacking "healthy" isn't always easy.  I've had little to zero cravings at all, but tonight at the grocery store the aisle with all the cookies seemed like it was glowing as we walked down it.  And lastly, I started walking about 30 minutes each night after work.  After sitting all day at work, it's actually really refreshing - I really hope I can keep that up seeing as how I'm not very motivated when it comes to exercising.

your baby's the size of an onion!
Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces. 
  • Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too!

Before - Blonde 
After - white :)
Since being retired, my dad has picked up lots of side projects to keep himself busy...very busy.  His newest project has been updating the dressers I've in my room since I was little to use in the baby's room.  We were a little skeptical about how they were going to turn out, but so far so good!  I forgot to take a picture of the short dresser before he sanded, primed, and painted it so the before pick is of the tall dresser after I already took 2 drawers out, but it gets the point across....the change is much more dramatic in person.  Just need to get some new hardware and we'll be in business!  Grandpa Gregg is the best!

Kiel got the "official" call from Ameren this week saying hey've started his background check and all that fun stuff so now we wait for a start date whoop whoop!!

159 days to go!
-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. HOLY BELLY!!!! Yes, I would definitely say you have "popped"! So many happy things, couldn't be more excited for you!

    ReplyDelete