Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 weeks - Happy Thanksgiving!

Week 30 update is a little late due to the hectic weekend. 

Thanksgiving was pretty laid back going to my mom's for lunch and Kiel's sister's for dinner.  LOTS of great food as always and I was not shy about eating for 2 :)  We sure do have a lot to be thankful for this year!! 

Proof not all the dead animals are in the house
Kiel had his first Black Friday experience Thursday night when Sears opened at 8pm.  With his hatred for crowded places, I was a little skeptical of how he was going to do, but he wasn't interested in the popular electronics so it wasn't really that bad.  He scored a tool chest and added to the start of his tool collection...which will be a big help when we're ready to open up that huge box & put that crib together!

While it seems crazy to most, Black Friday is something I have really gotten into the last couple of years.  I got up at 3:30am to meet Shilo in Bloomington at 5am so we could get the extra 25% off to the first 300 people at Gordman's when it opened. Glad I wasn't much later, because it took me about 20 minutes just to get into the store and there was only about 10 bags left when I finally got to the door.  Thankfully everything I went for was available so I'm half way done with Christmas shopping!  The 45 minutes I spent waiting in line to check out was totally worth it.  Black Friday made me very thankful to be having a boy.  I'm not sure I could afford to go shopping that day if this baby was a girl...luckily I got away only buying a few things for the little man and dang it they're cute! 

Hopefully that hat will fit his big bean!
My favorite BF purchase - Grey & White trunk for little man's room

 Saturday was another busy day celebrating the holidays.  My Grandpa Russell hasn't been feeling the greatest so the Russell Christmas got moved up a couple weeks.  While it seems very early to be starting Christmas parties, it was nice not to have to worry about ice storms in the middle of December.  We had a really great turn out, but were still missing quite a few.  Even though I'm there every year, the amount of people in our family is still a little shocking!  
Grandpa Ernie and all 11 kids!
16 Grandkids - missing at least 7
24 Great Grandkids + 1 and only Great Great Grandchild - missing at least 22

Santa visited like he does every year & what a difference a year has made for these 3!  Not a single tear!

The most timid, but she did it!

Talk to him about basketball & he'll be your bff

Aden actually RAN to sit on Santa's lap - finally figured out the present is worth it!

We finished Saturday up watching the Notre Dame game at The Henkel's in Fairbury.  Lena & Owen were much more entertaining then the game. 

                        Owen - Cheese!                                                                       Lena


First kiss caught on camera!
Daddy making sure Lena doesn't go in on the first date

Already being the gentleman

Notre Dame wins!
And last but not least, Sunday.  I managed to get the tree put up, most of the decorations out, and the presents I've already bought wrapped & under the tree.  Exhausted!  But so glad it's done!


And for Jase - he was probably in a food coma for the majority of the weekend, so he didn't seem to mind all the running around I did until today.  After a great start to this holiday season, this mama is S.O.R.E and ready for a nice relaxing evening on the couch.

Hello belly!  I didn't get to take my normal Thursday picture so 30 weeks was taken on Sunday, post holiday binge eating.  Yes, that's my belly button sticking out...it's like a bubble...really getting big!!!!!
Your baby's the size of a cucumber!
Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow. 
  • His skin is getting smoother.
  • But his brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
  • He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  
- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment