Thursday, January 3, 2013

36 weeks- Welcoming 2013 - The Year of Jase

2012 ended on a tough note for Kiel & his family.  On December 28th, Kiel's 19 year old cousin Dexton, was tragically killed in an ATV accident.  I never had the privileged of meeting Dex, but it was clear to me just from the pictures I saw at the wake and the stories Kiel has told me, that he was a happy, normal 19 year old boy.  We have seen a lot of unfortunate death in the last year and I can only hope that in order to honor their memories we can all learn to appreciate how short and fragile life can be.  Dexton is a prime example of what can be lost in the blink of an eye and I think life gets in the way of remembering that.  I hope the new year can bring the time to help heal the hurt in Dexton's family's hearts and many ways to ensure his memory lives within them all.
 
 Rest In Peace Dexton Trevor North 
June 24, 1993 - December 28, 2012


And just like that, we closed the books on 2012...

2013 has some big changes in store for Kiel & me.  It's hard to believe it's been 7 months since I saw that stick (sticks!) turn pink!  We are in the final weeks of being just a twosome and each day goes faster then the last.  It's sincerely unfathomable to me that we're going to be parents by the end of the month.  My anxiety about labor increases by the day and I know it's just because no matter how much I prepare, I have no idea what's going to happen until it actually happens.  Trying to embrace the unknown is harder then I could have imagined.  Luckily, I have lots of friends and family that have been through labor and survived, ending up with beautiful children for their efforts :-)  Weekend goals:  pack hospital bag

We had a very laid back NYE, spending it at the Henkel's eating good food and playing with the boys.  I really slacked on pictures this week.

On Wednesday, I had my 36 week ultra sound and bi-weekly Dr's appointment.  The ultra sound indicated Jase is an overachiever.  While everything I read says baby should gain a half a pound a week from here on out, our guy almost doubled that :-/  Our appointment in Peoria 2 weeks ago suggested he was around 5lbs 13 oz and this ultra sound measured him at 7lbs 8oz.  I don't know what this kid is trying to prove, but he's doing a great job of freaking his mom out!  I was also informed, I'm 1 cm dilated.  While I want to be excited that it appears my body seems to know what it needs to be doing, I'm well aware I have a long ways to go to get to 10 cm and there's no promises on how fast I'll progress from here.  My Dr appointments are now weekly so I guess we'll find out next Thursday how it's going in there.  I'm very anxious for our next appointment in Peoria on the 9th and very excited that Kiel is going to be able to go with me this time.  Since there are now decisions to be made it's important he's there so we can ask questions and come up with what's best for Jase together.      

Your baby's the size of a honeydew!
She's still in the 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up. 
  • She's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own.
  • Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid.
  • Her liver and kidneys are in working order.
  • Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
Happy New Year!
NYE 2009



 -Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment