Thursday, September 13, 2012

20 weeks - Snakes & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails

That's what our little boy will be made of :)

See the arrow?? :)
From day one I REALLY thought we were having a girl.  The Chinese calendar said it was a girl, I constantly dreamt it was a girl, I wasn't sick just like my mom when she had girls - everything just seemed to scream girl!  Until about 3 weeks ago when people started commenting on how I was carrying and I didn't "look" like I was having a girl.  So I started assessing all the old wives tales and every day became more & more convinced we were having a boy....Kiel not so much.  He had to buy lunch after the appt because he lost our boy/girl bet :)

Profile
Compared to the first sonogram we had, this one was mind blowing!  Baby immediately popped up on the screen and we could see EVERYTHING!  It didn't take long before she scrolled over his butt and I let out a little gasp because he was really showing off...spread eagle!  We got to see his face, his hands, his feet, his ribs, his spine, and even the chambers of his heart...how amazing is that?  I loved watching Kiel's facial reactions :)  Baby boy weighed in at 12 oz which apparently is right on track.  And, he was so active for us!  He rolled over, flailed his little arms, crossed his feet, and stretched his legs - it puts a smile on my face just remembering it.  I could do that everyday for hours...

Face & Arms - it's a little blurry on here, but you can see his teeth!!!!
I had a hard time deciding the best way to find out the sex.  It was Kiel's request to find out in the first place, but once I jumped on board it was hard to choose between some great gender reveal party or the experience of seeing it on the sonogram.  So we did both :)  The pictures are really more for us since we cheated the reveal a little finding out the sex the day before & telling our immediate family & friends, but I wouldn't give up seeing that little wiener on the screen for anything!      




 

I know I am speaking for both Kiel & myself when I say, now that the big appt has come & gone, we are just so beside ourselves with how blessed we feel (regardless of gender).  I honestly don't think it was ever about boy or girl for me, it's just one of those moments you hear about from others and hope someday you get to experience so I was just really looking forward to seeing our baby up on that screen.  For Kiel, I think it just helps him feel more involved knowing the sex & it makes things a little more real.  The sex is a pretty big deal to his family because Kiel is the last male Pshak so now the name will continue with our little man!  And as Kiel says...when we have a girl, she'll have a big brother to watch out for her :)

I received a call from the Dr's office this afternoon asking me to come in for another ultra sound in a month to recheck baby's kidneys.  Cue heart in throat.  She said all the report noted was that amniotic fluid was normal to high.  The Dr had assured her it was nothing to be concerned about, but they wanted to double check it in a month.  The fact that it isn't necessary for me to be seen immediately is reassuring, but still makes me a little nervous.  I refuse to google what high amniotic fluid could mean for fear of finding out the 192 things I'm possibly dying from (cause you know, the internet is never exaggerated and always right)...so I called Kiel's mom (apparently Kiel did too lol) and she REALLY made us feel better!!!  Our next appt is on the 25th so I'll be able to ask Dr about it then too.  For now, I'm just excited to get another chance to see him moving again! 
your baby's the size of a banana!
Baby weighs about 10.2 ounces and measures about 6.5 inches. She's still got a lot of growing to do though. Can you believe you're halfway done? 
  • She's got working taste buds.
  • Now, she's gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day -- that's significantly more than before.

How about a name?  Picking out a boy name was probably the easiest thing Kiel & I have EVER done as a couple.  Kiel suggested Jase for a first name, and it just happened to be in my top 5.  It goes well with my request for a middle name, Russell, and even sounds good with Pshak.  So after about 2 minutes of discussion our tough decision of naming our baby boy was finished and we absolutely love it!!!

Jase Russell Pshak, we seriously cannot wait to meet you!

-Nicole


  

No comments:

Post a Comment