Thursday, October 25, 2012

26 weeks - Big Emotions Tiny Kicks

Had the dreaded 1 hour glucose test Tuesday...my levels were a good 106 (should be between 80 and 120 I believe).  Yay for no gestational diabetes!  I was completely frightened by the diet they recommend with that.  Less carbs?  What kind of life is that??

26 Weeks - 10.23.2012
Made a trip to Earlville Saturday for a Russell baby shower.  My 94 year old Grandpa informed me after Jase and the other 2 babies due next year are born, our family will be almost in the 140's (that's just his kids, grandkids, great-grand kids)!  The man is still sharp as a tack...he seriously has an easier time naming all of our family members then I do...and his stories/jokes get better with age, just like him :)  Also got to make a quick stop to see Grandma Farm & Bob - visits seem to be getting too few and far between, but any time is good time.

Got to really test out the new camera on Sunday.  Amy took pictures of the kids in the park & I assisted with the family ones.   Considering we've never done this before, I think they turned out great!  Makes me so anxious to try it on Jase!  
 

A couple things have really tested my emotional threshold this week.  For starters, it's become pretty apparent to me that pregnancy is changing the dynamic of mine & Kiel's relationship (I'm sure that's true for most couples).  We used to joke that we felt like an old married couple after living together for less then 2 years...but now I REALLY feel like an old married couple.  Maybe it's because we got pregnant first and didn't have the time being married to enjoy being an "us" or maybe it's just because a baby is a very overwhelming life change, or more likely it's my crazy baby hormones.  No matter what the reason, it's pretty obvious we're taking on roles neither one of us were truely "ready" for.  This pregnancy is still a blessing, we love Jase more then anything already, but I feel like maybe we'd be a little better at accepting how our lives are changing had we done things in the order we planned.  I think sometimes it's still hard to wrap my head around the 180 turn our life has made.  We were still in "single" mode.  Renting a house, splitting the bills, being selfish, and just basically doing whatever we wanted.  All of the sudden, everything is about getting ready for the baby while Kiel adjusts to his new job and we talk about buying a house while still trying to be those people we were before we got this life changing news.  Maybe it just comes down to the fact that when I think about everything that's going on...it's overwhelming...even without being pregnant.  Ah, growing up is fun ;) 

On top of all the hormones, this cold seemed to just keep getting worse making me a little more irritable and tired then normal  (yes Kiel I'm actually admitting my attitude lately has been teetering below my usual "awesome").  But what really shoved me over the edge was, for some reason Saturday evening (TMI TIME!!!!) Jase decided to venture as far south in my uterus as possible and touch/kick/punch anything and everything he could.  I don't think it would have been so bad if it was just every once in awhile, but it was like he found my bladder or a ligament or whatever and kept flicking it like a guitar string over and over and over.  Sleep was almost impossible Sunday and I was actually in tears Monday evening because I was overly exhausted and he just wouldn't stop...already proving he's an excellent listener ha!  Thankfully he must have gotten bored with that activity, made his way back north, and I was able to capture this little gem on Tuesday...

All of the movement pretty much happens right in the middle of my belly....maybe slightly to the right.  It starts off a little slow and I wish I could turn it so my belly was at the top, but once he starts moving you can't miss it.  Sorry it's so long, I didn't want to stop recording!


Jase Kicking - 10.23.2012 - 26 Weeks

I've been hoping to get my belly jumping on video for awhile so I was pretty excited when he actually cooperated!!  Pretty much made me forget what I was so upset about earlier in the week :)  Will try again in a few weeks when he's even bigger.  Since the last post Kiel has seen the movement in person, but still has yet to feel him.


                                                  Your baby's the size of a head of lettuce!
She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, 
and developing her senses, features and talents! 
  • Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
Last week of the month long climbing school for Kiel.  I know he'll be glad to get into a regular routine at work and I think we'll both be happy not to hear his alarm going off at 4:30am anymore!

No check ups or appointments until the MFM appt on November 7th.  Looking forward to some R&R this weekend - maybe a little pumpkin carving and stocking up on Halloween candy!  Again - yay for no gestational diabetes!!!! 

-Nicole

Disclaimer:  To the few readers we have, please remember, I started this blog for Kiel & I to be able to look back at and help us remember our first pregnancy so please don't look too far into the not so happy times I write about.  In order for the blog to be an actual representation of what's going on in our lives, I have to be honest about the ups AND the downs.  It's all just part of the process and in the end it will all work out for the best :)

1 comment: