Thursday, February 28, 2013

Our Week Without Internet

I don't know how people give up internet for lent.  Last Thursday night, we lost internet service and Friday found out it was due to our modem going out.  Frontier was supposed to get us one sent out that day, but like 9 out of 10 experiences with customer service, it didn't go out until Tuesday so we were without internet for an entire week and you would have thought someone shut off the water in our house.  To make matters worse, I was almost over on my phone's data package so couldn't even access the internet from my phone.  Needless to say, I feel whole again after getting updated on facebook, email, instagram, online banking, and now all the blogs I follow.  I think Kiel was having withdrawals from looking at houses & cars online.  Sad but true.

Now it's been 2 weeks since my last update and I haven't a clue where to begin.  Our baby boy will be 1 month old tomorrow...it just doesn't seem possible.  But at the same time, I'm not sure I remember life without him.  Here are some pics since the last post...

2-15-13 - Making friends with Bevin & Aden



2-16-13 - Meeting his hunting buddies and the girl they will all fight over


2-17-2013 - Looking more & more like daddy every day


2-18-2013 - Hanging w/Henry & first big boy bath (lost umbilical cord 2-11-13)!




2-19-2013 - Tummy Time Video (sorry for all my talking!)




2-20-2013 - First nap in the crib













2-21-2013 - Happy Boy!












2-22-2013 - Peace Out!!!












 2-23-2013 - Meeting the Rock's










2-24-2013 - Lazy Morning














2-25-2013 - His onesie says "My Mom Is Cooler Then Your Mom" Ya she is :)













2-26-2013 - Happy 7th Birthday Jamison & Hayden!!



2-27-2013 - Sometimes he just needs a break from being held to lay down & talk to dad


2-28-2013 - Meeting Aunt Lindsey & Jack



He's still sleeping & eating like a champ!  Nursing is going really well for both of us.  I'm producing what seems to be a lot more then he can eat in a day so I'm pumping 2 or 3 times and have a pretty good supply going.  He definitely has a preference but we're working a bottle in every now & then so mommy doesn't have to whip it out in public and eventually daddy will be able to get in on the feedings too!  Depending on what time I get him to bed (usually between 9:30 and 10:30) he will get up once or twice during the night, but just like the last update he goes back to sleep immediately after eating so I'm still not complaining.  He might be the loudest baby ever when he sleeps.  I really need to get it recorded.  Between Kiel's snoring & Jase's grunting, I'm surprised I get any sleep at all.  We might be attempting to get him in his own room this weekend because of all the noise he makes. Just typing that makes me a little nauseous...we'll see how it goes.  

He only lasted in newborn clothes & diapers for about a week.  He's currently still in 1's (don't see that lasting much longer) and I've already started packing up his 0-3 month clothes.  How will I ever keep this child clothed??  Just shy of 1 month and he's already in 3-6 month sleepers & onesies and yesterday I put 6-12 month socks on him.  Did we bring home a baby or a toddler??!??!?

We have the big kidney ultra sound tomorrow in Pontiac so fingers crossed everything goes well!!  Judging by the amount of pee in this kids diapers I'm pretty confident everything is A-OK!!!

Kiel has been driving to Decatur this week for Safety Training which makes for VERY early mornings and long days sitting in a classroom.  He'll be glad to be back to normal next week.  As I'm typing this, Kiel got peed at during diaper change for the first time lol I recognized the scream from my early morning experiences with the infamous pee waterfall!!

While my days aren't overly exciting at home with the big guy, I'm really enjoying my time with him.  He changes so much everyday and each day goes faster then the last.  Some days I have no idea what we did all day and some days seem to be go go go from the minute I get up, but one thing all my days have in common is that with Jase, they're awesome :)

I hope updates are more consistent from here on out...it's hard to remember everything I want to write about after 2 weeks of no posts.  We also got our newborn pics back, but since our internet has been down, I haven't had much of a chance to go through and get any ordered or announcements picked out so hopefully that will get done in the next week.   

Hard to believe February 2013 is coming to an end already...it will forever be a month close to our hearts.

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment