Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April Part I - 14 months

4-1-2014 - This is what happens when you accidentally bump the settings on your camera to "effects" Played a great April Fools joke on myself I guess.



4-3-2014 - I randomly bought Jase a $.97 Easter basket at Wal-Mart a few trips ago and it has proven to be quite the source of entertainment.  I can't say I would have thought to use it this way, but who am I to judge?


4-2014 - This went on for a good 10 minutes...

4-5-2014 -  Finally a free weekend morning!


Kiel wasn't working so we were finally able to get a few videos of our fish in action!  Please excuse my hot mess...just watch the baby.


And why not end the day with some ribs?!?!?

4-6-14 - Taking a break from spring cleaning...

4-8-14 - Today at pick up, Kyra set Jase down outside and he walked to me...well first to the dog, but then to me ;)  I was SO proud!  We went straight home and got the wagon out and walked down to the park behind our house.  Still a little unsure of uneven surfaces, Jase stumbled through the tire chips on the playground but made it to the slide and swings.



I will be the first one to admit that my ability to control sudden outbursts of tears has severely decreased since giving birth, but I have been so eager for Jase to walk I was a little caught off guard at the emotions that I felt when he slowly walked away from me on the driveway.  Our man is getting SO big!  It really is amazing to watch how much more able he becomes every single day.  (video)
 

We played in the driveway until daddy got home and a little more after that.  


I've touched on Jase's super fun tantrums he's been throwing lately and I've concluded that they mainly happen when he's over tired.  Shocking right?  Kid still plays his heart out at daycare and while he regularly naps, I don't think they're long enough.  The weather has been nicer this week so we've been outside after work and I know that's making him even more tired.  He also cut 2 molars that I was completely unaware of (captain observant over here!); I'm sure that hasn't been helpful either.  So to add to the tantrums, we now have pinching, hitting, and hair pulling.  I keep telling myself it's because he loves me the most, but it seems like I'm usually the one on the receiving end of these little love taps.  I have said this multiple times in the last year, but I completely understand why a lot of moms cut their hair short after having children :-/  It makes me feel better that most people I talk to about this say their child/children went through some form of this frustrating behavior at some point and the majority grew out of it.  Fingers crossed this is a phase that will gradually fade away as Jase develops better ways to communicate.  I don't want to cut my hair yet and I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to pinch him back lol

4-9-14 - Practicing for when Grandpa's shoulder feels better



Kiel is in his 2nd week of training in Decatur so he is gone before Jase and I are even awake in the morning, which is unusual.  In the middle of devouring waffles one morning, Jase got a look on his face like he was looking for something he was missing.  He looked at me and very clearly and completely unprompted said, "Dada.  Dada go?"  He's been saying dada for awhile now, but I'm not sure he uses it correctly or on purpose yet.  It was so shocking to think he really does "miss" people when they're gone.  Our morning routine is exactly the same every day and Jase knows Kiel is usually a part of it...just another one of those growing up moments I love getting to witness!


4-10-14 - Haircut #2



The Voigts boys and their mama visit!!!!  It seems like FOREVER since I have seen Lindsey and we've been pretty terrible about phone calls lately so I'm so excited they are finally in town for a week.  We just need to toughen Jase up a tiny bit more so Jack doesn't have to hear "Jack, be careful" so much while playing with him :)

 ***I didn't get any pics of the boys this day and someone (ahem Lindsey!) hasn't sent me any***

4-12-14 - We hit up a local Easter Egg Hunt Saturday morning with the Thompson's.  Jase actually did pick up 3 eggs, but once he figured out they opened it was over and quickly turned into "BALL!!!!" and throwing them.  I did get a picture of him with the Easter Bunny, but failed to turn my camera back to auto and wasn't paying attention to the manual settings (starting to sound familiar?!?!) so this is what I got...whomp whomp!




Jase had his biggest melt down to date when we got home after a quick trip to the park with the Voigts boys.  3 days later, I discovered he was cutting 4 teeth at the same time...fair enough. 

After a nap, a quick appearance at the Bachman household to meet Ms Hattie, I headed to Bloomington to spend the a girls evening with Lindsey.  We decided this hadn't happened since about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with Jase so almost 2 years ago.  It was well deserved!


From Lindsey's Instagram...


4-14-14 - Kyra was off today so Grandpa Gregg watched Jase in the morning while I went to work.  Apparently they are BFF because when I went to give Jase a hug and kiss goodbye he dodged me and quickly scrambled into Grandpa's lap.  Pretty sure he either thought I was trying to take him with me or my dad was leaving.  I was greeted with a huge smile by a fast walking toddler when I got home for lunch though so my ego was spared.

Lindsey's afternoon plans got changed so we were able to take Jack & Jase swimming.




Just as we were getting done, the snow started.  My car read 80 just 2 days ago and now it's snowing WTF.



#teething


4-15-14 - Lindsey and the boys came over for one last play date before heading back to CO and it made me REALLY wish we lived closer!!!!!  Won't be long and Leo will be down there getting his licks in too!

Gonna have to cut April into 2 posts.  Hopefully I'll get it finished up this week.  Until then!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment