Sunday, February 1, 2015

2 years many

Jase,


2 is going to be a big year for you, for all of us.




You moved into a big boy bed at the beginning of the year and think you're pretty hot stuff.  No one is allowed to sit on it but you, not even your "buddies" or daddy.

We're going to get rid of that paci...even if it kills us me.   

And we're going to get out of diapers.  Recently, you came out of your corner in the living room and said to me, "I pooped, Mommy.  Change my diaper."  It's time.  We will stock up on Mike & Ikes. 

But the biggest event of your 2nd year, will be your dad & I getting married.  I don't think I can explain to you, or anyone for that matter, how big of a deal this is.  I've wanted to marry your father since about 6 months after we met and now it has even more meaning because I will not only take his last name, but I will also share yours.  Not every couple gets to share their wedding day with their child...I'm so thankful for this gift.



While there's a lot of change coming, there are many things I hope stay the same as you grow another year...


The way you use the word "pantelones" in a sentence as if it's completely normal for a 2 year old.

The words you misprounounce:
Blow snower = Snow blower
BasshOOp = basketball hoop
Momobeel = Snowmobile 
You've started to pronounce Popsicle (formally posiscle) correctly and it's heartbreaking. 

The way you shout whatever is on your mind the minute you meet a new person...
"My daddy eats milkshakes!" or "I saw a big combine!  (a week ago)"

How I can hear your daddy and myself in the way you talk...   
"Bye guys, I gotta go to work"
"Kiel?!?"
"Awesome!"

The way you try out new names for us, "Mommy, mama, mommy, mom, momma."  "Daddy, dad, DAD, Kiel, daddy."

You exaggerate the "CH" sound...couCH, garbaGE, CHHuggington, porCH, ketCHup, touCH  




You have a twang!  Mainly in words where the A is pronounced A instead of AH like...
Dad = Where's my daAd?
Jase = I not a crazy love hawk, I JaAse!
That = What is thaAt?

The way you say the word 'too'... "I go to Kyra's TEEOO?"  "I like Cheerios TEEOO"   "I love you TEEOO" ...I die.

You have an ever growing vocabulary that has taught me 2 things...daycare is good for you and I talk a LOT.

Independence is your jam.  We regularly have to start a task over again because you didn't get to complete it the way you wanted.  Don't help me into bed, "my do it," don't get my cup off the counter, "my do it," don't help me put my boots on, "my do it."  And at the same time you're showing all this independence, you recognize boundaries and are pretty good about asking permission for things you don't think you should be doing "I go up der?"  "I jump off here?"

You have such a sweet side.  You play by yourself really well when we're at home and I have things to get done, but you always check on me with a "MOM?!  Where are you?!?!" usually followed by one of your famous leg hugs.  You kiss our owies and say "I wuv you."  The older you get, the less you cuddle, but you still answer yes when I ask if you're still my baby.    

You have a temper.  When something doesn't go your way, you bring your balled up fists up by your face and pierce your lips together in anger as if you're about to explode.  I like to tell people that's your father in you, but if I'm being honest, I have to admit you've got quite a bit of Russell in you as well.  I guess this could change...

You have a strong preference towards men.  It's not strange for you to pass me up for Grandpa and Grammy can attest to the fact that when you're facetiming, you're always looking for Papa.  You talk about the girls at daycare, but Aden & Treager are mentioned most often...and Mario & Luigi.  Don't forget them.     

You have manners.  If there's one thing I've gotten right in my lifetime it's teaching you please & thank you!  You use those words like you breath air and it makes me so proud!  You put your bowl and cup in the sink when you're done with them and you love to throw away anything/everything that needs to go in the garbaGE.  We're still working on helping pick up toys, but your clothes end up in the hamper more often than your fathers. 



Your smile is contagious.  There are three things everyone always says about you.  1.  He's just so cute!  2.  Is his hair red?!?!  and 3.  What a happy kid!  No one can deny what a happy boy you are because you're always smiling, laughing, giving squeezes and kisses, racing, and jumping off every surface and over every toy.  You are already beautiful inside and out and I hope that light in your eyes never fades.

You make time go faster and our hearts fuller.

It's going to be a busy year buddy.  Let's enjoy every single minute of it.

Love you, love you
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment