Thursday, July 5, 2012

10 weeks & counting


Here we are at 10 weeks pregnant!  I have said a million times I still feel like this isn't real.  When I tell people the big news I always laugh because I feel like I'm lying...weird I know.  When we had our first nurses visit I honestly felt like I was talking to her about a hypothetical situation.  I guess I should enjoy this beginning part when aside from the nausea and sore boobs I still pretty much feel like myself.  While I seem to think my belly has grown 3 pant sizes I've really only gained 2 lbs and I think Kiel is the only other person who's really noticed.  Here's the first picture I took...I believe it was at 6 weeks...and one I took today at 10 weeks.  Not sure why the color is all weird...have some work to do with my pics I guess.  Upgrading to a Nikon 5100 this weekend so they should get better after that!



Since I last updated my sister's twins turned 3 :)  I'm a little jealous our little rugrat will never have a summer birthday party.  It's so nice to be able to have all the kids outside playing and not stuck inside.  And while I couldn't imagine having twins, it's even harder to imagine life without these 2!


We also went to a wedding of one of my very good friends that I met when I worked at Chevy's during college.  We made it down Friday night for the rehearsal dinner & had to let everyone in on our secret since I wasn't partaking in the "festivities" like I usually would.  Saturday was the wedding & I was lucky enough to be asked to help hand out the programs...it was great to get there early and see Kelly & the girls before the ceremony.  Kelly was such a beautiful bride!  Her & Travis are so lucky to have found each other...they are absolutely perfect together!  I never thought I would say this but Kiel & I actually left the reception shortly after dinner & drove the 3 hours home that night.  While it was nice to wake up in our own bed Sunday morning it was a little sad to realize just how much life has already changed.  Weddings are no longer about drinking & partying all night long.  I was lucky to stay awake as late as I did!  (no pics due to no camera)

We spent the 4th of July relaxing at my sister's with her family & Kiel's sister Shilo, her husband Bryan and their twin girls Jamison & Hayden.  Henry, J, & Hayden are only 1 week apart in age so they get along really well.  It takes Bevin & Aden awhile to warm up to the girls, but once the sprinkler & slip n slide come out they're all bff.

Still feeling pretty good compared to a lot of pregnant people I know so trying not to complain about this heat too much.  Mornings are the best for me.  Seems like once I get going I feel great...until about 3pm.  Then I feel like I could lay on the floor in our office and sleep for hours.  Hopefully the heat will subside a little this weekend & it will give me a little break from the headaches and fatigue.  Kiel is suffering from sympathy hunger....he just dominated an entire frozen pizza by himself.  I would judge him, but it makes me feel less guilty for everything I've consumed today.


your baby's the size of a prune!
Now, she's about 1.2 inches long and weighs about .14 ounces. Her body length will almost double in the next three weeks. 

  • Baby has working arm joints, and her cartilage and bones are forming.
  • Her vital organs are fully developed and they're starting to function.
  • Her fingernails and hair are starting to appear, too.
  • Plus, she's swallowing and kicking in there. (Can you believe it?!)
We don't have another appointment until the end of the month so no updates there.  Anxious to get to week 20 so I can start doing some planning for our little boy or girl!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment