Thursday, December 13, 2012

33 weeks - Thank You Doesn't Seem Like Enough

Chevron cake by Deb Grief - Onesie & Bottle cookies by Grandma Pam
This weekend, my sister & Lindsey threw us an amazing baby shower!  They really out did themselves with all the special touches they brought to the decorating and games.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our boy :)  Thank you for such an wonderful day! 

Notice the Chevron theme on the baby bingo cards & silverware ties :)  Can't wait to find out the winner of the baby pool!




It's nothing short of overwhelming to realize how many people already love this little boy and want to help us prepare for him.  The majority of our guests traveled from out of town...I'm not sure they'll ever understand how much it meant to us to have everyone there!

Kiel made an appearance at the end of the shower to say thank you to everyone and help us clean up and get all the gifts home.  We got a lot of really great pictures with everyone!


I sincerely feel if, heaven forbid, Jase should make his appearance tomorrow we would survive thanks to all of the wonderful gifts we received.  In addition to all of the necessities, we've also got an awesome library started thanks to all of our family & friends!  

Looks like we need to get a bookshelf!!!  


Plus some friends to keep him company lol  


My nesting urge has really kicked in so the way his room looked after the shower was a little nerve wracking


But I managed to leave it alone until Sunday so I could enjoy some time with a few girlfriends from college that stayed the night.  


We had a great time just hanging out at the house catching up...love when they visit.  The next morning, Suzy took some maternity pictures for us.  Kiel & I aren't really into the typical maternity pics, but I wanted to get a few good ones of us while I'm pregnant. In the few pictures I've seen, I think Suzy really captured what I was looking for.  I can't wait to see more!  Be sure to pay attention to what the sign on the bridge says :-)

 
You can check out the rest of Suzy's work on her facebook page or website


In other news, Jase's future bff was born this week.  Jack Garritt Henkel made his appearance on Wednesday 12-12-12 (my mom's birthday) at 12:21pm weighing in at 7lbs 7oz 21 inches.

Big brother Owen, Jack, and Jase are destined to be friends forever - their dad is Kiel's best friend, Evan.  These boys have no choice but to grow up loving hunting, arrowheads, and learning all the lines to both Grumpy Old Men movies.   

We just love him already!







7 weeks to go people!!!  Some updates....I've officially broken the 30 lb barrier :-/  Jase has been getting the hiccups almost every time I eat - I have no idea what that means, but it happens and I have to say, it's annoying.  I've started training the woman who is going to fill in for me during maternity leave at work - little weight off my shoulders there.  Let's hope I can keep my baby brain under control for the rest of the time I'm working.  Kiel hasn't been working much overtime, but his job is still going good.  He's got that nasty cold I had a few weeks ago...fingers crossed he gets over it quick I don't get it back!

Look for more sonogram pics in the next update!! 


 Your baby's the size of a durian!
He weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. And he may grow up to a full inch this week -- amazing. 
  • He's keeping his eyes open while awake.
  • He's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • His bones are hardening.
  • And he going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!

Check out this online baby pool, Suzy created.  Place your bets on Jase's arrival date, time, weight, and length.  And for those of you who don't know...my nickname in college was "Big" since I was tallest of the 2 Nicole's - that's where the "big" reference comes from in the baby pool.  It also follows the theme that he might be a BIG baby!  


 -Nicole

1 comment: