Thursday, January 17, 2013

We're Full Term People!

Considering my book is saying things like, "If your baby is born this week, you may not finish reading this book" and today my Dr said, "See you next Thursday....if not before!" I'd say it's pretty obvious we're in the home stretch.  Are we ready?  

Lots of new additions to the nursery!  The pack-n-play will go in our room when he gets here, but it will be a tight fit so we're waiting as long as possible to move it in there.  I'm in love with the glider & ottoman set we purchased this past weekend and that dresser is stocked full of baby clothes!  Although, I have a feeling all those newborn outfits will just end up right back in the storage tubs.  Curtains and dresser runners are on the way!!


The diaper bag is packed for the hospital and the car set is ready to go.  Installing the base in the car is on the weekend agenda.  So it appears, yes, we're ready :)


And if that isn't proof enough, here's a picture I took tonight.  I've been planning on doing this towards the end of the 40 weeks since a full body shot makes such a big difference, and figured now is a good time in case he decides he's ready to make his appearance before I blog next week (probably just jinxed myself into a 41 week pregnancy).  Get ready...it's shocking.


The funniest part about the pics is that I actually thought I was "showing" at 8 weeks.  HA!  30 weeks later...I'm huge and extremely uncomfortable.  This kid is heavy.  If I make it another 2 weeks, I will undoubtedly hit the 40 lb marker.  So even though my anxiety about giving birth is still on the high end of normal, I'm ready for Jase to make his appearance.  I'm ready to sleep on my stomach and wear pants that don't have an elastic band that comes up over my belly button (I know that won't happen asap and I'll probably end up missing the stretchiness, but right now, I'm over them).  I'm ready to have a belly button again!  But most of all, I'm ready to meet this boy and use all this great stuff on him!!

Kiel, on the other hand, may have a different opinion.  This coming weekend is the last weekend of deer hunting season so I think if Jase could hold out until after then, Dad would appreciate that.  Priorities you know!

Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen. 
  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
And just for fun, here's some more maternity pics for those of you who don't have facebook :)  Thanks again Suzy for doing such a great job on such a crappy day!  I am beyond grateful for these memories that you captured for us!!


 
 


-Nicole  
 

1 comment:

  1. We are currently texting regarding your belly pics ;). You look great, my friend! You are in the home stretch!!! Sleep, sleep, sleep. Oh and go on one last amazing date. Can't wait to meet him and see you….Love you!

    ReplyDelete