Sunday, August 4, 2013

25 Weeks - 6 months/Pshak Pics/Solids/Reagan

August 1, 2013
7-27-2013 - Pshak Family Pictures...I hope he's this good for pics the rest of his life








7-28-2013 - Idk why, but this collage of pics just cracks me up...



We went to Cullom for Addisyn's (my step sister's little girl)7th birthday.  Who knew we'd need sweatshirts in July??!??!





I failed to get any pics of the birthday girl, but this is her little brother, Bryce, getting smushed by Aunt Abbie


Jase got his first taste of solids!!!!  The kid has been making me feel so guilty for about a week now.  Everytime we eat in front of him, he's watching us and making chewing motions with his mouth like COME ON!  So we started with a little rice cereal and I'd call it a success! (video)


7-29-2013 - Added a little applesauce to his rice cereal.  Feeding him is pretty uneventful, but he's not throwing a fit so I'll take it!





He was not amused that I put him in this...



7-31-2013 - Had dinner with the Thompson's Thursday night.  Jase made a new friend, Hattie :)


When we got home, I got a text from Suzy saying Baby D was on her way!  Jase was so excited!!!

8-1-2013 - I have a 6 month old...when does it start to feel real?

6 mo well check isn't until next week so no official stats, but I did get on the scale with him and I think he'll be between 19.5 & 20 lbs.  I'm more interested to see what his height is since he's grown out of some of his jammies length wise.  

His personality is really starting to shine.  So far, he's not shy AT ALL!  The few times he's cried at strangers has been when a little kid is in his personal space a little too soon...isn't that true for all of us?!!??!  He loves exploring new toys, touching people's faces, chewing on his feet/hands, and banging his toys on EVERYTHING!  Already all boy :)  Recently he's developed a fake cough to go along with that fake laugh I posted about awhile ago.  Pretty sure he uses that and all his other noises to get your attention...I often wonder how spoiled he is at daycare.  The kid LOVES attention and totally hams it up with his cheeseball smiles when you give it to him.

He started sitting up about a week shy of 6 months and what a difference that makes!  He still likes to lay on his playmat sometimes, but he would much prefer to be sitting up where he can see.  The bouncy seat rarely gets used anymore and the swing is on it's way out.  Can't say I'll be sad when that leaves the living room though.  As of the first, he has only had rice cereal with a little applesauce mixed in for solids and still on his 6 oz bottles at daycare.  I say this with caution in hopes I'm not jinxing myself, but spitting up after eating seems to be a thing of the past.  It was never bad by any means, but "spit happens". 

Speaking of things that happen, I have to talk about his poop.  Now that we're giving him solids...whoa.  He no longer goes every day, it's more like every other or every 2 days and you can tell he's a little backed up because when he passes gas it smells...terrible!  The consistency is totally different too.  The first time I changed him after he started eating, I felt so bad for him.  It's so sticky and while it stays in his diaper much better then the watery runny BM poops, it just seems like it would take a lot of work to get it out.  haha sorry TMI - documentation purposes!

Sleep is the same.  8-8:30 bedtime, up at 6:30 for daycare.  I haven't asked Kyra in awhile, but I know his naps are more like cat naps when we're out and about.  If we're home he'll take 2 good 2-3 hour naps, but if we're on the go, he'll doze in & out for 30-45 min every couple of hours.  Either way, he's still an awesome sleeper.

To add to the excitement of being 6 months, Baby D was born today!!!  She was 2 weeks early and I haven't talked to mama much yet, but it sounds like baby & mom are doing GREAT!  We seriously cannot wait to get down there and visit the future Mrs. Jase Pshak :)

Welcome to the world Reagan Elizabeth DeVries!
August 1, 2013 @ 2:51am
7lbs 1oz 20.5 in

And this is how we ended the day (video)...please enjoy the end!





-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment