Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 25, 2016

Today is Korban's due date.  I have been dreading this day since we left the hospital after delivering him.  It's been such a strange year for us.  So many emotions.  Time truly has been our greatest healer.  And Jase.  

Today is also my sister and brother-in-laws 13th wedding anniversary.  Seems like yesterday and a different life all at the same time - I can't imagine how they feel about it.

We're 12 weeks today.  It's so hard not to be scared, but it's even harder not to be grateful.  

But, most importantly, today was Jase's first day as snack leader at pre-school :)  His favorite popcorn for everyone.  Honestly, what are the odds?

The significance of it all is large, but it's hard to know what the right amount of attention is meant for this day.  Just being together was enough.  Carving pumpkins might be a good tradition in years to come.  It will give us time together and hopefully more laughter.   


While I haven't been able to put aside my hurt and sadness, I can't help but to think 'I had no idea we'd have so much to celebrate today.'

Not a single day has gone by that I haven't remembered.



-Nicole










No comments:

Post a Comment