Wednesday, February 1, 2017

4 years flew by

Jase,

My how much you've seen this year.

You had your first trip to the dentist and started school without batting an eye.
You lived in your sandbox and on "the beach."
You got to see Wrigley Field after the Cubs won the World Series for the first time since 1908.
You shot your first gun, fished, golfed and went for countless cart and bike rides.

You tested us...OH how you continue to test us.

You suffered a loss above and beyond your comprehension.  And after we cried on the living room floor and answered your questions, you showed us that you have the biggest heart in all the world.

I'm sorry so much of year 3 was about the brother we lost.  I'm sorry you had to wrap your growing mind around such a big life event at your young age.

It truly brings tears to my eyes to realize how much your heart has felt.  But it also makes me SO PROUD of you.  Your compassion and true understanding for what happened to our family has not been lost on your father and me.


We are in awe of you.

Who knows what life would be like if we had endured that without you by our side.  You saved us.  Your smile, your unconditional love, your prayers, your questions, your tears...everything you have done since we said goodbye to Korban has made our lives better.  You are the reason we wake up every morning.  I am so thankful for you being exactly who you are.  Smart mouth, selective hearing and all the in between. 

Just like every year, I am sad to see another year has flown by us, but this one is a little easier to say goodbye to.  With the arrival of your sister just around the corner, I am more anxious for another year with you than ever.  The love you have shown for her already, in your words, "makes my heart break from all your love."  It never ceases to amaze me how such a little person can have such a big personality and so much love inside them.  You know just when to turn on that charm and thos
e long eye lashes of yours are the icing on the cake.




Since starting school, you love to draw and cut and glue and color and tape and anything that has to do with paper or playdoh.  Our home is full of "gift cards" and endless amounts of hand drawn pictures.  Construction and farming are also still a very large part of your daily routine.  Just the other morning you were daydreaming about a mini excavator in your size.  You asked me if I could order it online since they don't sell them in stores and maybe a bone detector so you can be a "discoverer" and find deer bones in the ground.  You once brought home a cardboard snowmobile that you made at Kyra's for your sister and gave it turbo wheels and a car seat so she'd be safe.  Your imagination grows every single day and I'm so glad you share it with me.

We cuddle and cook and you like to take me on dates to Panera, but you are your daddy's shadow.  Currently, you've decided to stick to duck hunting because deer hunting is disgusting; but where your dad goes, you are not far behind with your work gloves or a tool to match.  He answers every question you ask with an explanation about how something works or the reason he's doing whatever he's doing and you soak up Every. Single. Word.  You are the best of muchachos.

Your favorite phrases are "Did you never know....?" and "Wannaknowwhat?"  Yes that is one word.  A very good representation of your ability to never actually stop talking.   

I wish I could record every single moment I spend with you so I could show the world and you when you're older.  My baby boy is smart, often too smart.  He's mouthy and stubborn and sometimes pushes me to a place where I question every parenting decision we make.  He is determined and imaginative, sweet and caring.  He has a switch like a light that is unpredictable and keeps us on our toes (I feel like I've said this in past years).  He talks to us like a teenager going through puberty sometimes (your father and I are trying our very best to figure this stage out)  He is so very handsome and loves his mama.  He is sensitive and empathetic and I hope he stays that way his whole life.  As crazy as you sometimes make me, I could gush over you for hours kid. 

Let's just continue this 20 questions game from last year....

Jase Russell Pshak, 3 years + 364 days old

1. What is your favorite color? Blue & black & green 

2. What is your favorite toy? all of them

3. What is your favorite food? macaroni

4. What is your favorite drink? milk and water

5. What makes you happy? snuggling with you and my toys

6. What makes you sad? spankins

7.  What makes you scared?ghostes

8. What is your favorite game? magnets

9. What is your favorite snack? chips

10. What is your favorite animal? elephants

11. What is your favorite song? sticky sticky bubble gum

12. What is your favorite book? tickle monster

13. Who is your best friend? mommy and daddy

14. What is your favorite thing to do? hug

15. What is your favorite sport? basketball

16. Where is your favorite place to go? a hotel

17. If you could have one super power what would it be? being strong

18. What is love? hugging and kissing

19. What do you want to be when you grow up? a diver

20. What do you want for your birthday? a picture frame and a picture

I hope year 4 is one for the books.  Please help me as I learn to spread my love evenly between all of my babies.  That patience word we've been using so much lately will apply to all of us, I'm sure.


No matter what this year brings us, never forget - you are my first born.  You made me a mother.  We have an unbreakable bond that I know is one of a kind.  Your sister will fill us all up with even more love, but even she cannot overtake the space I have in my heart for you.  I will always love you fiercely.  I will always be on and by your side.  You will always be my baby boy.

To another trip around the "sun, beautiful sun!"

I love you, love you bugaboo
Mom




___________________________________________________________________________________
I read this article online just a few days after I wrote this post.  If you take out the comments about more girls in the house, I feel like I could have written it myself.  I mean, my mouth was hanging open from all the similarities....all the way down to "the baby we lost."  Time is going too fast.

https://www.babble.com/parenting/it-used-to-be-me/?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment