Wednesday, March 1, 2017

P3 - 30 weeks

I keep complaining about how far away May seems, but time sure is flying when I realize things like...it's been 11 weeks since my last baby update.  Yikes.

          9weeks + 3 days             12 weeks + 5 days                   13 weeks                            16 weeks     
                 19 weeks                      22 weeks                               24 weeks                      26 weeks

Week 30 -

I got so big so quickly, these pictures don't really seem to represent much, but I seem to have had another growth spurt this passed weekend.  Am I carrying high or what?!  That poor tank top lol Whoa baby!

We've painted the nursery, got the crib set up and bought a new dresser, but since the dresser arrived it's been at a standstill... 

To dos:
-Paint
-Put up crib
-Order Dresser 
-Order White blind for window
-Install blind
-Drawback for curtain
-Strip & stain shelves (mom)
-Crib skirt (mom)
-Small table for next to the glider
-Table lamp
-Bring up changing pad/covers/sheets from the basement
-Wash/organize clothes (need hangers)
-Buy hamper & other misc necessities
-Stop ordering things off Etsy

I'm trying to keep the clothes shopping to a minimum which has been pretty easy because we're fortunate enough to have a lot of hand me down options.  Lola, as we've taken to calling her, (I'm fearful she'll never be named) already has quite the wardrobe going. Shopping for bows has proven to be a little overwhelming so gonna hold off on that for awhile too, but we have quite a few hand me downs of those too!

I've started to take inventory of all the things we have from Jase and all the things we'll need to purchase.  Would it be tacky to throw myself a shower?  Kidding.  I've also started going through all the boy clothes that will never be used.  The basement is a current disaster, but I can start taking summer clothes to the consignment shop for sale as of March 1st so there is light at the end of that tunnel.  I'm ready to purge!

I was in and out of the chiropractor a few weeks ago with some pretty severe back pain, but thankfully it's under control for now. It seems the 3rd trimester drop in energy is back so I'm really missing coffee lately (I quit drinking it because I can't seem to keep myself from drinking soda so it had to be one).  By the end of the day I'm pretty stiff and my hips are pretty sore, but it's bearable.  I've definitely gained weight all over with this pregnancy more so than with Jase.  I can feel the heaviness of my body as I grow each week and it's not just the baby.  My legs and arms are larger and I can see a distinct difference in my face.  It's only temporary....it's only temporary....it's only temporary.

We had our 30 week appointment yesterday, February 28th and it was very ummmm eye opening.

First the scale.  For whatever reason, I didn't get weighed at my last appointment so when 184 popped up on the scale I'm sure my face showed my surprise.  I know I just said I can tell I've gained a lot of weight, but I was not expecting to be up 34 lbs with 10 weeks left to go.  Only 6 more lbs to surpass my total weight gain of 40lbs with Jase.  Not like it's going to stop me from eating whatever I want so we'll just move on.

Dr. Dalton wanted to go over everything at this appointment - birth plan, after birth plan, how I'm handling baby #2 emotionally, if I feel safe at home (watch your step Kiel), placenta placement and any/all questions/concerns I'm having.  She got her questions out of the way fairly quickly...vaginal birth with epidural, birth control w/follow up vasectomy for Kiel in a year or so delivering at BroMenn and baby well checks with our family dr in Chenoa after she is checked out by the on call Neonatal Physician when we deliver.  I learned that episiotomies are a thing of the past and the likelihood of me tearing where I had one with Jase is higher because the skin is weaker.  Fun!  She won't let me go passed 41 weeks which already seems too long, but reassuring there is light at the end of the tunnel no matter how I reach it.  We won't be getting any fun 3 or 4D ultra sounds this time around since there do not appear to be any kidney issues and baby is otherwise healthy...all the praise hands!  But a little disappointing not to have something to compare to her brother.  The only thing I forgot to ask about is if she has plans to be gone around our due date.  The nurse I asked didn't believe so, but I've made a note to ask next time.  I also got my TDAP shot which was nothing, but is now really sore today...cry me a river I know.  And on to the ultra sound...

Baby girl was awake and wanted us to know it.  Every time Dr. Dalton pushed the wand on my stomach, she would respond with a punch or kick which made us all giggle.  Right away, Dr. Dalton confirmed the placenta has grown away from my cervix and baby is head down - outstanding news!  She measured her head, stomach and femur bones and each time exclaimed "Oh she's tall!" or "She's a big girl!"  She asked me to remind her how big Jase was and when I said 9lbs she responded, "hmmmm, she might be bigger than brother."  Thankfully she isn't concerned by this since I've already naturally birthed a 9lb baby, but my lady parts cringed at a lot of this information.  All the measurements came up between 90 & 93.5% for size and the final weight estimate is 4.2 lbs.  As baby should gain an additional .5 lbs per week from here on out, we are in fact on track for another 9lb baby.  And in case you're wondering like I was, Jase was measuring at 2lbs 12oz at his 28 week appointment so she's got a little over 2lbs on him with a 2 week difference.  Gah.

There is no doubt she's in there growing away as I feel her 24/7 on every single inch of my stomach.  Sometimes it feels like she's in between my pelvic bones and sometimes I feel like she's going to jump out of the top of my stomach.  When I lay on my side at night, she will start pushing or rubbing on the side I'm laying on and it tickles.  She has found my bladder just as her brother did around this point and constantly has me running to the bathroom.  I can tell my skin is stretching thinner and recently I was able to feel what I think was probably her butt next to my belly button when I pushed down.  Kiel has seen movement, but hasn't felt her.  Jase has felt her kick a few times.  He's not usually patient enough to sit and wait and she usually stops moving when I call them over so still not something that happens often for them, but I know she is definitely on the move.

I haven't even picked up my before baby book that I was attached to and constantly quoting when pregnant with Jase so no surprise I haven't been checking baby center for growth info, but here's the 30 week post from Jase that should have all that in there.  So so crazy how much has changed since that post.

Our doctor appointments are now every 2 weeks and we will have one more ultra sound to check growth for our little overachiever. 

10 more weeks! 

-Nicole    

No comments:

Post a Comment