Thursday, April 25, 2013

11 Weeks - Grandpa's Wedding & Daycare

4-19-2013
                         Blurry, but still funny                                                             So serious!


4-20-2013 - After almost a decade (lol) of being engaged, Grandpa & Cindy finally tied the knot!!!  They had a small ceremony in Earlville and dinner at the Curl Inn in Triumph, IL.  I didn't get any pictures of the ceremony because Amy & I were the bestmen :), but everything turned out great!  We are looking forward to the reception in July.  Congratulations!!!  We love you!

He was so excited about his outfit for the wedding lol







This picture cracks me up...look at Matt & Henry lol




Still going strong at midnight!  He was just so happy for the newlyweds :)

4-21-2013 - Last day of maternity leave, I've had better days. Who in their right mind could leave this face?


4-22-2013 - Milestone - Mommy goes back to work and Jase has his first 1/2 day at daycare.

This day came so quickly...I was devastated.  He was sleeping when I dropped him off so he wasn't even phased by my leaving.  I, on the other hand, barely made it to the car before I broke down.  Ugh.  I pulled myself together and went to work only to have my boss say "So, how did drop off go?"  Cue tears again.  This is something they don't tell you about when you start having babies...this sh*t is for the birds!!!

Aunt Amy dropped the twins off and checked on Jase after I was already at work and reported he was happy in the swing watching all the kids play.  She said he couldn't keep his eyes open wide enough or kick his feet fast enough while taking it all in...social baby already!  The day went pretty fast catching up with the guys and getting back in the swing of things, but boy was I glad when noon rolled around. 


While I was afraid Jase would cry the entire time he was at daycare and I would have a nervous breakdown that first day, everything turned out just fine.  I have to mention how thankful I am to have had the opportunity to ease back into work.  Not many people get that chance and I realize I'm very lucky to work for a family owned business with a boss who understands this was/still is a hard decision.  I also have to mention how lucky we are to have such a great sitter.  The fact that we feel so comfortable with Kyra has made this experience 100 times easier and it's still hard so I can't imagine how I would feel if we had to take him to someone we didn't know. 

And while I'm looking on the bright side of things, going back to work has really made nursing feel like less of a chore.  Somedays, I felt like nursing was more of a burden then a benefit (totally not true), but now that I've had a break from it a couple times this week, I'm able to appreciate that time with him a little more.  After leaving him with a sitter for 4.5 hours, it's nice to have something only him & I can share...I know it's comforting to him so it's comforting to me.  I wish I could say the same for pumping.

4-23-2013 -  Kyra sent me the pic of him in the swing shortly after I dropped him off and the carseat pic is him when I got him home.  The kid is EXHAUSTED from watching all the other kids all day.  He took a 4 hour nap when we got home and still slept through the night that night.  Not even a cry for his paci.


Playing with mommy after naptime...love that face!


4-24-2013 - A visit from Grandma Pam & the twins - Jase loves to watch tv


 Sitting up like a big boy with not much assistance considering he's only 11 weeks old!!


We discovered this new trick on accident, but he did it 3 or 4 times...he'll be walking before we know it!


4-25-2013 - I realized I didn't have any pictures from today so before the big guy went to bed I snapped this one.  Have a new mission to get him on video looking at a picture of himself.  He laughed as hard as I did when I saw this face...


Can't wait to enjoy the next 3 days not working!  Monday is our first full day of work and daycare.  This week has helped to prep me, but I'm still a little anxious about it.  And Wednesday we have his VGRAM to check for reflux in his kidneys so think happy thoughts for our Jasers!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment