Tuesday, September 3, 2013

29 Weeks - 6 mo pics/baby food

I hate to admit it, but it's not just finding time to update the blog that's a problem...I'm actually losing the motivation to sit down and put it together.  We're super slow at work right now so I spend a lot of time in front of the computer all day.  The last thing I want to do after Jase goes to bed is sit in front of the laptop, but I don't think I'm ready to let the weekly documentation go yet so I will continue to make time.

8-24-13 - Aunt Shilo and Uncle Bryan celebrated their 10 year anniversary on the 23rd and we had Jase's 6 mo pictures scheduled in Bloomington in the am on the 24th so we hung with the girls and had a slumber party


These are just a few of the pictures that were taken by Laura Elliot and I'm so happy with all of them!  We had a great photographer and a happy kid...couldn't ask for much more!









8-25-13 - I spent most of the afternoon Saturday and the majority of Sunday making baby food.  Considering how much I loathe cooking, I was pretty surprised how much I didn't hate peeling, steaming, and pureeing fruits & vegetables.  I didn't go crazy buying all kinds of fancy equipment for this process.  The only thing I bought was a silicone steamer insert for my large pot and some ice cube trays.  We have a steamer, but our kitchen is small so I store it in the basement.  The insert is easier to clean, easier to store, and takes up a LOT less room!  Would highly recommend just going with regular trays (maybe order some with lids) instead of the ones they sell in the baby section (Munchkin brand) at Wal-Mart.  They're not very user friendly when it comes to getting the frozen food out of the tray.  I just put saran wrap over the ones without lids and try not to leave them in the freezer any longer the necessary.  So far so good!

Peeled
Steaming Peas & Boiling Squash

Into ice cube trays to freeze
Squash
Pears
Green Beans

So not only am I having to store frozen breast milk at my sister's & mom's because our deep freeze and kitchen freezer are full of it, I'm also having to find room for all of this frozen baby food.  Good problems to have I guess!!!  I also did sweet potatoes and peaches and he's loved every bite!

I meant to some sort of cost break down to judge if I'm saving money, if any not buying jarred baby food, but time got away from me and now I can't find the receipt.  So goes life.

Had to take a break in the middle of the day when I ran out of ice cube trays to go swimming...


8-26-13 - LOVES sweet potatoes :)


Getting so big my lap is pretty much non-existent
 

8-27-13 - I think bath time is his favorite time of day.  #mohawk


8-29-13 - Changing so much every day...thinks he's pretty big stuff standing up


Looking forward to the long weekend with no big plans.  Finally seems like the craziness of summer is dying down.  I've never looked forward to winter before and I'm sure I'll be complaining about it before it even really starts, but if it means less time on the go and more time at home with my men, I'm all for it this year!

-Nicole


1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the blogging! It's a commitment. It usually takes me a week to write an entire post.

    I couldn't be more proud of you for making your own baby food! Yes you are definitely saving money (and the environment) and you know exactly what he's eating. Lucky man to have such a good mama ;)

    Give my monster man a big kiss from his CO family…Love you all!

    ReplyDelete