Friday, January 10, 2014

48 Weeks - Snow & lots of videos

This should have posted last Friday, but apparently I haven't figured out how to schedule a post...

Was so excited to do this weeks post, I forgot a video from last week.  Jase loves to listen to music on Kiel's phone.  He will come crawling from wherever he is when he hears this song and will sit and hold the phone like a boom box when the song changes...always dancing of course!



1-3-2014 - Impromtu dinner date with Grandpa & Cindy <3


1-4-2014 - Nosey baby...


What?  You don't use pears for hair gel?


1-5-2014 - Snowmaggedon 2014 has arrived!!!  Now begins a 4 day house arrest for the Jman.




Glued to the window watching daddy clear off the driveway.


1-6-2014 - I got a call Sunday night from my boss telling me to stay home on Monday because of the weather.  Jase's sitter lives in the country so we all figured it would be pointless for me to try and take Jase there.  Greatly appreciated since it was -30 degrees with the windchill.  Snowday for Jase & Mommy!!  Kiel went into work and ended up working all night so Grandma Pam came over in the afternoon to hang with Jase while I ran a couple errands.  There was NO ONE out so I took advantage of being able to stop in the middle of the road for some pictures...

Giant snowpile from plowing the roads around the square downtown

Snow dogs around the sun just outside of town

Jase's house
Jase loves all of the animal books we have and has been making the "woof woof" sound every morning at the sitter's dog for awhile now.  I was in the kitchen cleaning up from breakfast this morning and heard him "woof woof" in the living room.  I came around the corner to see Pluto from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the screen.  Hilarious.  During bath time he told me what the duck says (video)...sounds more like calling turkeys according to Kiel.



1-7-2014 -  Another day of ridiculously cold weather so Kiel took one for the team after working all night and gave up sleeping so Jase didn't have to venture outside one more day.

All of the sudden, Jase is showing a little (very little, but still a little) interest in walking.  He loves to stand up, but Sunday was the first time he willingly took a step while assisted and tonight before bed, we got it on video!


1-8-2014 - Seriously...where did my baby go?  He takes up more than my entire lap!

It seems like he learns something new everyday and every time I turn around he's grown another inch and gained another lb without me noticing...it's all happening so fast.  I find myself wondering how much of this stage I will forget and when he's 30 will I be able to remember how it felt when I held him and he wrapped his little legs around my side.  I have been wishing away weeks and months my entire life waiting for a school break or a sunny vacation and now I would give my right leg to slow time down.  I feel so unprepared for how emotionally attached I am to this little man.  He makes me smile every single day :)

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment