Friday, January 31, 2014

51 Weeks - assisted walking/meeting Kannon/1yr pics

1-24-2014 - Kiel & I took the day off to travel to Mascoutah to meet baby Kannon and Bethalto to get Jase's 1 year pictures taken and hang with his future bride to be.  I am SO glad we did as we were able to catch this exciting moment on video before we left...



Unfortunately, when we arrived at the Shemwell's, I discovered Jase had a fever...dun dun dun!  How horrible is it to bring a sick kid into a home with a 7 week old?  I was 99% sure it was teeth as usual, but I restrained from getting pictures of the boys together and didn't kiss on Mr. K like I wanted.  Guess we'll be making another trip to make up for that :)

So glad we got to meet you baby boy!  Keep those cheeks chubby and that head bald til next time!!!



We headed to Bethalto to meet up with DeVries fam for dinner and to get settled in for the night.  I had given Jase a couple doses of Motrin so his fever was down and he seemed to be acting fine...just to be on the safe side, I was prepared to keep him from kissing Reagan if necessary ;-) 

1-25-2014 - He slept pretty good that night, but woke up warm again.  I checked his mouth and discovered a white spot where a tooth looked to be working it's way through :-( 

A little breakfast with Reagan <3


 We started pictures after his morning nap but my ham-for-the-camera-baby was full of nothing but blank stares and little fits of crying pretty much the entire shoot.  I'm sure Suzy worked her magic and got a few good ones of him regardless of his mood.  I can't wait to see them!

1-27-2014 - 50 mph winds kept Daddy overnight.  Jase is really starting to become aware of when Kiel is gone.  I can tell he's looking for him at bedtime and in the morning when he wakes up...melts my heart.

1-28-2014 - His favorite spot (aside from the bathroom, why is that?)


Where's Jase?  hahaha

Playing with daddy (video)
 

1-29-2014 - Our first battle wound!!  haha it's hardly noticeable.  Just a little bump from falling out of a chair at daycare.  I'm sure one day I will look back at this and wish bruises were still this small.


-Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment