Thursday, March 30, 2017

P3 - 34 weeks

So I peed my pants last week.  I walked in the house after work on Thursday and headed straight for the bathroom as usual because, you know, the fact that I had just peed at work 30 minutes ago means nothing.  I got about 2 steps outside of the bathroom door and felt a tiny little kick to what must have been my bladder and it just happened.  Not just a little bit like when you sneeze or cough too hard, but legit peed my pants.  I just changed my pants and went to my hair appointment thinking, I guess this is life now.

Up until 33 weeks I wasn't REALLY keeping track of how close we were, but the count down is officially on.  When I think about being 34 weeks it makes me feel like the end is just around the corner, but when I think "we have 6, possibly 7, more weeks to go" it kind of makes me cringe.  I just don't know where this girl is going to grow anymore.  Reading Jase's blog, I'm realizing this is normal for me.  My babies are heavy and the pressure is a lot to deal with on a daily basis.  I'm waddling 24/7 now and I pee at least once an hour.  More when we're home.  I'm up at least 3 times a night walking like a zombie to the bathroom...it's insane.  Getting out of the recliner or up off the floor has to be quite the site.  Even the kids at daycare are starting to make comments like, "your belly is getting REALLY big!" 

34 weeks - March 28, 2017

I think the biggest difference between this pregnancy and Jase's is the Braxton Hicks contractions.  I started feeling them a few weeks ago and they've kept increasing as the weeks go by.  I "thought" I felt them toward the end with Jase, but these are much more intense.  Seems like she's getting lower as they get more intense so that's promising, but as long as I stay hydrated and get up and move around a little they subside so seemingly normal.  Dr Dalton says they usually increase with each pregnancy so just going with the flow.

Our 34 week appointment was just a weigh in and check up on March 29th at 9am.  I am officially off on Wednesdays now so Jase goes to the appointments with me.  He keeps things interesting, constantly hogging the attention and asking Dr questions completely unrelated to the reason we're there.  His need to be the center of attention lately probably deserves it's own post, but I think it's fairly normal for this stage in the game.

Anyways, back to baby.

Heartbeat was in the 140s and I'm still measuring at 35 weeks so that was promising!  I'm guessing she just had a big growth spurt between 30 & 32 weeks and that's why I was measuring so far ahead.  Feeling a little better about her not being too far off from Jase in the weight department.  The sharp object I've been feeling in my ribs is probably her heel and her butt has moved over to the right side of my belly so that puts her positioning into perspective a little.  No doubt she's running out of room to stretch, but it's not keeping her from trying. 

Dr confirmed we'll have another sono at 36 weeks along with the Strep B swab and that was it for that appointment.  I go back Friday, April 14th for the last look at our little girl.  We're getting there!

__________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, the first of 5 babies to be born this year arrived on March 22nd.  Delaney Mae Malone made her appearance in Florida at 7 lbs 1oz 19.5" long and is just as beautiful as her mama.

I have loved hearing the stories from Delaney's birth and reminiscing about my experiences with Jase & Korban.  The pictures Heather & Danny have posted have brought tears to my eyes more than once and made me realize how truly fleeting your baby's first few years are.

So happy for you Malone's!  Can't wait to meet sweet Delaney and celebrate your wedding this year!!!!

2017 is such a big year for my group of friends!  The domino effect has begun and Nicole, you're up next!

I also want to mention that we celebrated Kiel's 35th birthday on March 24th.  I was looking through the last 7 years of fb posts and pictures that make us look like babies and couldn't help but smile.  We may be old and married with little kids and our lives may not be very exciting, but I honestly can't imagine doing life without anyone other than him.  As much as we argue and drive each other crazy (like when I leave the back door open all night, oops), days like these always make me realize how lucky I am to have him.  He still doesn't put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher and 10 seconds after I post this he'll probably do something that will piss me off, but I'll still love him in the morning.  We have come a long way from those two unprepared kids in 2013.  I'm not sure if we've just learned more about each others wants/needs/likes/dislikes or if I'm just less emotional this time (most likely both), but we're handling this pregnancy much better.  Most days, it feels more like a team effort instead of two separate individuals trying to figure out life.  Most days ;)

And I just realized at 34 weeks with Jase, we were celebrating my 29th birthday - funny that we celebrated Kiel's birthday this round.  Maybe a daddy's girl in the making.    

On to April!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment