Friday, April 28, 2017

P3 - 38 Weeks


Kicking off 38 weeks feeling pretty good with my attitude free buddy by my side.  Still sore and huge, but my energy has been up for the most part and I've felt slightly less crabby lately so that's a plus! 

Our appointment on Wednesday the 19th was short and sweet, but full of great news.  I'm measuring at 38 weeks now probably due to baby dropping slightly.  I know it doesn't really look like it in this picture, but she's definitely lower just big so still taking up all the room.  Dr. Dalton is really happy with my blood pressure, weight gain (glad someone is), and over all attitude about being 38 weeks, but is still leaning towards induction if baby girl doesn't come on her own by our May 9th due date.  As she told me last time, she won't check me unless I request it so I asked to be checked at our 39 week appointment so we can see if I'm progressing the same or close to how I did with Jase.  She confirmed that with a favorable cervix, we can go ahead and set an induction date and is comfortable with setting that anytime after May 3rd.  She also mentioned this won't be considered an elective induction since baby is so big which I'm sure only matters for insurance purposes, but she seemed happy to be recommending we go that route as long as I'm comfortable with it.  While I would like to be done being pregnant anytime now, I'm not trying to rush this baby out.  I know babies need to come on their own time so if we get to the appointment on the 3rd and don't have any progression I will be perfectly fine with waiting until 40 weeks to check again and re-evaluate.  I'm just glad to feel like everyone is on the same page.  And that there is light at the end of this tunnel!

Kiel asked me a few days ago if we're ready for this baby to come and my immediate thought was, yes we just don't have any diapers lol I need to start thinking about packing a bag, but I've got the carseat, stroller and bouncy seat all out and ready to go and her room is JUST about finished so feeling pretty good about things being in order.  But a few minutes later it dawned on me that he wasn't asking about material things...he was asking if WE were ready.  I rephrased the question to, "I'm ready, are you ready?" His immediate, not really, made me laugh out loud.  We really are in a great place as a family.  Don't get me wrong, Jase is still pushing our buttons and keeping us on our toes and we're always learning, but the thought of this newborn coming in and disrupting our lives does seem a little crazy.  There is definitely something to be said for having your children close together, but I know once she's here it will feel like the last piece to our family puzzle is finally in place.

My boss is reluctant to believe I'll make it through next week as I left a week before my due date with Jase, but I feel pretty confident I can hang in there and work until the end.  I feel so much more prepared mentally this time and having Wednesdays off has done me a world of good in these last few weeks.  I am still in shock at what a difference just one extra day a week has made for my mental state.  And while I'm typing this I'm thinking, "but it's going to be SO different!"  So goes life!

Jase broke my heart a little in the car the other night when Kiel and I were discussing our possible upcoming induction by asking if the doctor said our baby is strong.  I told him yes and he immediately broke into a huge smile and exclaimed, "THAT MEANS WE GET TO KEEP HER!"  I could barely ask Kiel for a napkin from the glove box...he sure does know how to pull at my heart strings.

In other news, we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday a little early since his actual birthday is just the day before my due date and we ALMOST pulled off the surprise.  Just a few hours before, he got a phone call from an old friend wishing him a Happy Birthday....2 weeks early.  He was still a good sport even though he knew something was up.  We didn't get many pictures, but we did get the most important one...missing Debbie and we know Jeff was there in spirit...and everyone was all smiles :)

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!



And I got this great video of baby girl while I was making food for the party.  I was in total shock because she NEVER moves like this when I'm standing up, but found out at my appointment that she's face up so her arms and legs are all over my belly right now.  Such a great memory to have!


Looking forward to posting some pictures of the nursery and some maternity photos we had taken at the beginning on the month.  But maybe I'll get to post about our girl's arrival first!  So anxious to meet her!!!!!

-Nicole   

No comments:

Post a Comment