Thursday, June 6, 2013

17 Weeks - 4 Months


June 1, 2013

5-31-2013 - Pass

6-1-2013 - Milestone:  Jase turns 4 months old!!!  Already proving these monthly pics are going to be challenging the older he gets...I don't think I got one good one where you can see his face and the sticker.  Oh well...

 
The 4 mo pic is an excellent representation of Jase right now.  The kid smiles 24/7 and he has found his feet which are AMAZING! 

As far as food goes...still nursing and it's still going great.  He's taking 4, 5 oz bottles at daycare, but on a rare occasion he'll drink 5 bottles.  Pumping is still proving to be a necessity and completely worth the effort (I don't always feel that way).  We're just getting into April's supply and I just had to take 3 large brown paper bags from May over to my sister's as we've run out of room in the deep freeze!  It's a good thing too cause I don't think I'd still be at it if I wasn't so successful...it's a LOT of work!  On the days I work and Jase goes to daycare, I have to pump 4 times throughout the day...I literally feel like a cow most days.  Everyone keeps asking me how long I'm going to nurse and while my heart has really never been in it, it's pretty hard to think about quitting when it's going as well as it is so we'll probably be at it for awhile.  He doesn't seem to be lacking in the food department so we're going to hold off on food until 6 months as long as things continue this way.

Sleeping is the only thing Jase does better then eating.  We've had a few days where he's asleep by 7:30, but it seems like bedtime is pretty consistently 8-8:30.  We're still swaddling since he hasn't rolled back to belly yet, thank goodness.  The swaddle blanket is like a sleeping pill for him.  The minute I lay him on the changing table to wrap him up, he starts yawing and it doesn't even take 5 min before he's fast asleep in his crib.  Yes, I fully realize how lucky we are.

Jase is really starting to play and it's been so fun to watch!  He's finally loving on Sophie like I've heard so many kids do.  I'm not sure if teething is in our near future, but he sure loves to chew on her just as much as he loves to chew on his fingers. 

We've made the jump to size 3 diapers...yikes...and he's almost exclusively in 9 month clothes.  I think his feet and hands are growing faster then the rest of his body and I got the first "He has a big head" comment the other day at work :-/ 

6-2-2013 -Dang it

6-3-2013 - We had Jase's 4 month well check...


I was a little shocked at his weight because I was sure he weighed more, but he clocked in at 17.7 lbs (85%) and 27" tall (100%).  Yes it says 100th percentile for height.  Guess he got more then just flat feet and a tied tongue from his daddy :) 

His 2nd set of shots went much better then the first ones.  Of course he cried when they stuck him, but as soon as I picked him up, he took a deep breath and was fine.  He still got a little extra love just in case.

6-4-2013 - Getting so big...

Just watching a little Ellen

Hi friends :)

Video:  Already has a "fake" cry down that he uses when he's tired or hungry...makes me laugh
6-5-2013 - My boy <3


Talking to Grandma

Saw Henry hit a triple and get the first RBI for their team!!!  Jase was pooped!

Video:  Multi-tasking

6-6-2013 - Just hanging in his bumbo listening to his ipod


This is my first full week back at work and even though I'd rather be at home with my boy, it's gone just fine.  I can tell he really loves going to Kyra's.  He gives her a huge Jase smile the minute he sees her...such a good feeling for mom.  They've established their own routine and he's made LOTS of friends.  I realized the other day I only get to spend about 3 hours and 45 minutes with him while he's awake everyday...pretty lame.  Just makes weekends that much sweeter.  I already miss having Wednesdays off!  Having a set routine is great for everyone though...we're starting to get the hang of things :)

-Nicole

5 comments:

  1. Looking good mama!!!! (Selfies with the boy….are you like me and have a million of them?!) He goes back and forth between looking like you and Kiel but the last picture, TOTALLY a Nicole face!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so big! Can't wait to see him Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing as Lindsey. In that last picute he looks like you. I love reading the blog! Great job keeping up with it!

    ReplyDelete