Monday, July 8, 2013

21 Weeks - 5 months, 4th of July, & ice cream

July 1, 2013
Sorry for the delay in updating.  We had a late night with the holiday and the long weekend kept me from posting.  Should be back on track now.

I left off at 20 weeks saying we decided to give bedtime a shot without the swaddle.  I was dreading this day!  As usual, Jase didn't miss a beat...I think he actually slept better lol  At the end of 21 weeks, Jase has been swaddle free for an entire week!    

6-28-2013 - Playtime with daddy


How he can get that far off his playmat without crawling or rolling over is still a bit baffling...


6-29-2013 - I was downstairs doing laundry and it got very quiet...


Milestone:  He finally did it...he finally rolled from his back to his belly!  Good thing we already got rid of the swaddle blanket!


We went to Peoria and while Kiel went into Bass Pro, I stayed in the car with Jase to feed him.  I bent down to get a diaper and when I came back up he started cracking up...the kid loves peek-a-boo like no other.  This is quite possibly the greatest video I will ever upload...


6-30-2013 - Those eyes...

A monitor pic sans swaddle...yes I let him sleep with a blanket 


7-1-2013 - Milestone:  5 MONTHS OLD!!!  I could cry.....

No official 5 month stats to report since we don't go back to the dr until 6 mo, but I got on the scale with him the other day and I think he's between 18 & 19 lbs.  Judging by his clothes, it seems like he's gotten longer too.

I don't really have many updates for 5 months.  Sleep = awesome.  Eating = awesome.  You can't set the kid down without him trying to roll over which is hilarious since even though he can do it, it still requires a good amount of effort.  EVERYTHING goes in his mouth!  He's really into taking his pacifier out and trying to get it back in.  Also, hilarious to watch but slightly annoying when we're in the car and he can't get it back in :-/   

I love how friendly he has become.  Everyone gets a smile.  Anyone who sees him comments on what a happy baby he is and they are RIGHT!  He is seriously happy 98% of the time with that other 2% being sleepy or hungry.   

I think he's developing right on track as far as physical and mental aspects go and I think month 5 is going to be a month full of new sounds!  I know I've mentioned it before, but he has REALLY found his voice now.  Most days when I pick him up from daycare, he talks the entire way home (only about a 6 min drive but still!).  Even my mom said he talked the whole way home when she picked him up the other day.  I like to think he's telling me all about his day...something like "I slept, I ate, Henry held me, I watched the kids play, Kyra changed my pants, we went outside and then I did it all over again" The life of a 5 mo old :)

7-3-2013 - Showing a little red/white/blue love at daycare today since he won't be there tomorrow.


7-4-2013 - Happy 4th of July!!!  The start of a nice long weekend!  What is more patriotic then camo pants and an american flag t-shirt?  #merica

 
Daddy golfed in the morning so Jase & I started the day with a nice LONG walk to enjoy the beautiful weather.


Couldn't choose between these facial expressions so I posted both...


We met Aunt Amy and the kids for lunch at DQ and Jase got his first taste of ice cream (even though Grandpa Gregg slipped him a little on Father's Day, I'm counting this as the first time ha!).  He was eying my sunday the entire time I ate it so Henry shared a little of his vanilla...I think he liked it.


Cooked out at Aunt Amy's for dinner and tried out the outside swing for the first time.  He wasn't 100% sure about it, but we got a little smile eventually...


Kiel, Jase, and I ventured to Minonk for the fireworks, but I didn't get any pics.  He didn't seem to mind the noise, but was more interested in chewing on his paci clip then actually watching the show.  He was asleep in his carseat before we even got on the highway to go home.  Next year should be a fun age for fireworks! 

Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th!!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment