Tuesday, December 3, 2013

42 Weeks - Thanksgiving

11-22-2013 - For the first time since Sunday, Kiel finally got to come home for more than 5 hours.  He got home at 9 and slept for awhile before he went and picked up Jase.  I know it was for a good reason and he helped a lot of people, but I'm pretty sure that 5 days of not seeing Jase would do me in.  I know Kiel was very thankful the week was over!

11-23-2013 - The Schaffer's rotate spending Thanksgiving & Christmas in Nebraska with Bryan's family, so they came over to hang out since we wouldn't see them for Thanksgiving.  The ladies & Jase got some good play time in!



11-24-2013 - It's been a week since I quit nursing so I'm going to try and make this the last time I post overly personal information about my boobs.  How unfair is it that after 9 mo of growing a human being plus another 9 mo feeding him from my own body that I'm left with flat lopsided pockets of air for a chest?  I mean seriously...I followed all the steps of "what's best" for Jase and this is what I'm left with?    While Kiel looks exactly the same as he did before I got pregnant?  I didn't expect to walk away with perfect perky DDs, but is a modest C cup too much to ask for?  At least leave a sister with what she started with!  If plastic surgeons were smart, they'd have promotional posters plastered all over delivery rooms and their cards in the take home packages the hospital gives new moms with the slogan "When you're done ruining your body, we'll fix it."  It's seriously a good thing he's cute.... 

   
This minion loves to be tossed in the air - tough to catch it on camera, but he's all smiles
11-25-2013 - Like so cute it doesn't even matter that this pictures is a blurry mess.


11-26-2013 - Another visit from the Schaffer's when they dropped Pickles (their Shih-tzu) off while they visited Nebraska.  So lively...


11-27-2013 - Our first morning with Pickles.  Thank goodness Jase isn't old enough to ask for a dog.  They were instant bffs.  It's going to be a sad day when he realizes he will never have an inside dog just because his parents don't want one.  Sorry in advance buddy.




For the record, Pickles is a great dog.  He listens, he doesn't bark, shed or do his business in the house.  He doesn't sleep in the bed or wake you up at 5am to go outside.  He doesn't even require treats.  If we could get an exact replica of Pickles, we might consider having an inside dog...but I doubt it.

11-28-2013 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! 


We usually spend Thanksgiving day with Kiel's parents, but they opted to stay in Louisiana this year since they were just home in October and will be back in December for Christmas.  They were missed!!!  Instead, we went to my dad's and ate lots of yummy food with him, Cindy, and Cindy's family :)  I forgot to take my camera so Jase's first Thanksgiving has been poorly documented aside from these candid shots "Photography by Aden"  


But these capture what Thanksgiving is really about and make me extra happy and thankful for my healthy family and the time we get to spend together.  It's been an amazing year and I cannot wait to celebrate all the ones to come with the Jman <3


-Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Your kid is seriously cute! I love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! As I'm sure you know all too well from your 2 cuties...that smile melts my heart every.single.day!

    ReplyDelete