Tuesday, December 17, 2013

44 Weeks - Kannon/30th Surprise Party

12-6-2013 - Good thing he's not afraid of the camera!


 New bath toys!

12-7-2013 - What a day this turned out to be...

I got a text in the morning that my friend Kelly was going to have her baby today!!!!  And just a few hours later...

Welcome to the world Kannon Charles Shemwell!
7lbs 8oz 20 inches long
 Jase can't wait to meet his new buddy & I can't wait to snuggle you and hug your mama!!!

I honestly don't remember what else went on during the day, but the only plans we had for December 7, 2013 were to meet up with my sister & brother-in-law for drinks after Amy's work Christmas party.  My mom was keeping their kids over night so Amy had asked us awhile ago if we wanted  to drop Jase with mom and meet up for my birthday because they couldn't go out on my actual birthday (looking back she never really said why).  In the middle of the week, The Greskoviak's asked us to go to La Mex for dinner & drinks which we used to do all the time, but it had been awhile and I was super stoked we weren't taking kids because it had been almost 3 years since I had a drink with Tara WOW!  So, we dropped Jase off at my mom's around 6 and headed to dinner.  On the way there, Bryan (Kiel's BIL) sent me a happy birthday text which was weird since my birthday wasn't until next Saturday, but I said thanks and randomly thought to myself, "maybe Kiel's throwing me a surprise party at La Mex!"  When it was just Todd & Tara at the table, I disregarded that thought and happily ordered a Margarita :)  After dinner & talking Tara into joining us for drinks with Matt & Amy, we headed to Pub 13.  Since I hadn't been out for an adult night since I quit breast feeding, I was pretty excited for a night out.  I should have known something was up when Todd & Kiel didn't want to have another drink after dinner, but it took seeing my mom through the door at the pub for me to put it all together....they got me good :)



After I composed myself and realized my mom, dad, and sister (all my baby sitters) were at the bar, I blurted out, "Uh, who's got my kid?!?!?!?!"  Thanks Uncle Matt for taking one for the team and staying in with all the kids...what a guy!



Lunchbox shots for everyone!  For the record, my step brother tried to race me and like a true experienced 30 year old, I schooled him.


Amy, with the help of Kiel, had been planning this party since August...I seriously had no idea!





It took me awhile to realize it, but all of my family members were wearing the buttons you see below...they are from all the sports I've ever played...super embarrassing but I loved it!


Wish I would have thought to get pictures with everyone, but it was all so overwhelming!  In a good way!



I wish I could go back and relive that night all over again...it was amazing!  So glad they didn't shoot me during all my back handed comments regarding Kiel's desire, or lack there of, to do anything special for my birthday.  Sometimes I forget he has my sister <3




Happy 30th birthday to me!

12-8-2013 - Even though Jase stayed the night at my mom's, I was wide awake at 6:30 so I forced myself to shower and head over to get him.  We spent most of the day napping :)


12-9-2013 - I've been dreading the day when Jase came home from the sitters warm to the touch...it finally happened.  I had to wake him up that morning as usual, but he had a harder time getting up and was pretty "fussy" (for him) before heading out.  Kyra said he took an extra long nap in the morning and felt warm after his afternoon nap.  His temp was 101.4 when I got him home so we started Tylenol and cuddled. 

He didn't eat much dinner and was off to bed by 6:30.  He woke up just before I went to bed around 10:30 and normally I would have just given him his pacifier and he'd fall back to sleep, but I took the opportunity to check his temp...up to 104.5...SUPER!  He went back to sleep right away so I got online and started googling what to do.  I'm not sure why, but I have a really hard time with things like this.  Being responsible for his health sometimes freaks me out.  104.5 is definitely a high fever, but since he wasn't inconsolable and went back to sleep, I figured we could wait til morning to call the dr.  He woke up again around 1:30 so I gave him a bottle and he fell asleep about 45 min later, but was very restless during the night. 










12-10-2013 - His temp was 102.9 in the am so down, but still decently high.  I called into work and we did some more meds and lots of cuddling.  He took an earlier than usual morning nap so when he got up, I made an appt. 


He had already started to perk up when I got him to the dr, but I still wanted them to check his ears and tell me he's just got a virus and to keep up what we're doing.  It never even crossed my mind to ask about a UTI because of his kidney issues, but that's what Dr Proehl gets paid the big bucks for and decided to test his urine.  Luckily, she just wanted to do a bag sample instead of a catheter...not sure I could have handled that on my own.  The nurse put a bag with adhesive on his pelvic area around his penis so it would catch the urine once he went so we hung out in the room for awhile.  Jase was getting tired so I rocked him to sleep and let him snooze for about 15 min before I woke him up hoping he would need to pee. 

The first few weeks after he was born, it seemed like every time we took his diaper off he peed so I took his diaper off to let a little air get in there and VOILA!  Urine tested negative for UTI and his nose swab was negative for the flu so we went home knowing it was just a virus that would have to run it's course.  I'm learning!

Between the motrin, tylenol, and snuggles he was himself again by the time Kiel got home from work.  I'll take a false alarm any day!


-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment